We are proud manufacturers of market-leading ventilation systems that save energy and improve indoor air quality. Established over 30 years ago, and now part of the Genuit Group, we make high quality and solution-based ventilation products for the domestic and light commercial building industry from our state-of-the-art Genuit manufacturing facilities across the UK.
Our customer service team provide customers, both internal and external, with point of contact services including ‘front-line’ receipt and handling of sales, product, technical and order enquiries and delivering customers with the excellent customer service they have come to expect from Domus. Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the Internal Sales Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with both new and existing customers within a designated portfolio.
The focus of the role is to generate sales from pre-determined existing, lapsed and non-spending customers who stock or facilitate contractors dealing with ventilation contracts. The role will be target based, with sales KPI’s and the ability to negotiate within pricing authority levels agreed by the Sales Director.
- Cleanse and build an accurate customer database so that marketing campaigns can be targeted and
opportunities to generate orders are maximised.
- Make outbound calls to engage and interact with client decision makers to identify new and emerging
- Build effective relationships with potential and existing customers and establish rapport to ensure Domus is their go-to company for ventilation needs.
- Ensure that all projects and potential pipeline business are logged using the company CRM and project tracking systems, following sales and quotation procedures accurately.
- Take every opportunity to promote the Domus product range and ensure a healthy mix of sales across the mechanical and ducting product portfolio.
- Utilize existing relationships and terms agreements in place to increase sales through new and lapsed
- Manage incoming enquiries from customers where no external sales representative coverage is assigned and set up trading terms accordingly.
- Achieve sales turnover budgets/targets agreed for the activity adhering to company policies on discount procedures.
- Take an active interest to learn product details and market trends to effectively support customer
- Actively participate in regular Sales coordination meetings, communicating sales achievements and
- Provide excellent customer service by being always helpful and courteous.
- Work in a spirit of co-operation with all colleagues to achieve team goals and targets.
Person SpecificationKey Behaviours
Enthusiastic about customer needs, an effective communicator, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure. Is results orientated, resilient, organised, and has the ability to prioritise workload. Displays a positive demeanour and is receptive to developing and implementing new ideas. Able to work collaboratively with colleagues in support of team outcomes.
Requirements (Knowledge and Experience):
- Experience of working in a telesales/ customer orientated, fast paced service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a confident, positive attitude.
- Good people, verbal and written communication skills.
- IT confident, ideally with working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel or equivalent packages.
- Good knowledge of ventilation products/ Merchant/Distribution market would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Awareness of commercial considerations around balancing customer needs and company requirements.
- A good standard of English literacy and Mathematics (GCSE or equivalent)
Apply for this job